The following are guidelines for teachers who wish to attend VATE professional learning events. Please be sure that you read this before applying for your next PD event. Discounts usually apply if teachers book online.
You should be aware of these guidelines as they apply to all VATE events.
- Concession rates only apply to VATE Individual Concession members - ie full-time students with proof of Student ID, VATE Alumni, part-time, CRT or first and second year graduates.
- We do not accept registrations on the day of the event. You must pre-register.
- CANCELLATIONS: Our general policy, which follows here, will apply to all bookings unless otherwise stated on the specific event form. General Policy: A 15% cancellation fee will be charged if cancellations occur between five and three working days prior to the event. No refunds are available after two working days prior to the event. Note that this is a general policy - for some events there are no refunds available, or the timing of the cancellations may vary. Refer to the specific event form on the Bookings page for individual event information.
- Registrations for PL activities cannot be split between participants unless specified on the registration forms.
- When making a booking ensure your full payment and contact details are provided. A Tax Invoice for payment is automatically generated on completion of your booking. Payment can be made by credit card (Visa or Mastercard only) via VATE’s secure payment gateway, or by school purchase order number.
- Upon completion of your event booking, you will receive an immediate email confirmation. If you do not receive this email, please phone the office to confirm that your booking has been received. Ph: 9411 8500.
- Approximately one week prior to the event, you will be emailed your Entry Ticket which you must bring to the event. If you do not receive this Entry Ticket, please phone the office. Ph: 9411 8500.
- If you are not responsible for making your own booking, make sure you check with the relevant person in your school (eg. faculty leader, professional learning co-ordinator, etc.) to ensure that your registration has been submitted to VATE.