The following are guidelines for teachers who wish to attend VATE professional learning events. Please be sure that you read this before applying for your next PL event.
You should be aware of these guidelines as they apply to all VATE events.
- We do not accept registrations on the day of the event. You must pre-register.
- Upon completion of your event booking, you will receive an immediate email confirmation. Please forward this to Accounts, as it is the invoice for payment by the school, also. If you do not receive this email, please phone the office to confirm that your booking has been received. Ph: (03) 9411 8500.
- Approximately one week prior to the event, you will be emailed your Entry Ticket which you must bring to the event. If you do not receive this Entry Ticket, please phone the office. Ph: (03) 9411 8500.
- If you are not responsible for making your own booking, make sure you check with the relevant person in your school (eg. faculty leader, professional learning co-ordinator, etc.) to ensure that your registration has been submitted to VATE.
- Concession rates only apply to VATE Individual Concession members - ie VATE Alumni, part-time or CRT.
- Cancellations must be emailed to email@example.com and will not be accepted after two working days prior to the event - full registration fees apply.
- CANCELLATIONS: Our general policy, which follows here, will apply to all bookings unless otherwise stated for the specific event. General Policy: Cancellations must be received at the VATE office in writing. Cancellations received between 5 and 3 working days prior to the event date will be charged a 15% cancellation fee. Cancellations received after 2 working days prior to the event will receive NO REFUND. If you do not attend and do not notify the office in writing according to the stated stipulations, you will receive no refund. Note that this is a general policy - for some events there are no refunds available, or the timing of the cancellations may vary. Refer to the specific event details for further information.
- Registrations for PL activities cannot be split between participants unless specified in the event information.
- When making a booking ensure your full payment and contact details are provided. A Tax Invoice for payment is automatically generated on completion of your booking. Payment can be made by credit card (Visa or Mastercard only) via VATE’s secure payment gateway, or by school purchase order number.